What I Love about Living In New Jersey

OK, I admit, I don’t love everything about Westfield, New Jersey, but maybe that’s because I’m not a native.  I progressed to New Jersey slowly, I moved to Manhattan from London and lived and worked there for many years.  Then, as I yearned for a little more space, I moved across the river to Brooklyn Heights – just one stop on the subway from my job on Wall Street.  However, life has a funny way of moving on and I married and we wanted a house with a yard and, almost before I knew it, I was living in New Jersey and driving everywhere!  So despite the title to this piece, I have to admit that I am not in love with New Jersey property taxes and, for now, that’s about all I’m going to say on the subject.

So let’s get to the good stuff and cover what I love.  There are three things in particular that make me happy with being a New Jersey resident but I’ll cover just the first one in this post.

The first wonderful thing is that we don’t pump our own gas.  In fact, a friend and I made such a mess of trying to pump our own gas in California, I wondered seriously if I should ever drive out of state again.  But it’s not just me, according to a poll just issued by Fairleigh Dickinson University, 63% of the State’s residents prefer to stay in their cars and not pump their own gas.  It was compared to going to a restaurant and pouring your own coffee, and surely, even the other 37% of residents must be glad to stay in the warm not to have to brave the elements and pump gas on snowy, cold days.   I’ll cover the other two favorites in my next post.

If you would like more information about buying or selling a home, please contact me on my direct line at (732) 261-6151.  I’d be glad to help you.

If you know someone else who would find this information helpful, please pass it on to friends and family!

If you’re considering buying or selling soon, or know someone who is, it’s important to have a knowledgable, local agent who can guide you through the process.  I am always available to help.

This blog is the courtesy of Jackie Safran who is an award winning Real Estate Agent at RE/MAX Properties Unlimited in Westfield, NJ (732) 261-6151.  I help nice people sell and buy beautiful homes in Union and Middlesex Counties.