Step-by-step Guide to the Home Buying Process
Whether this is your first time or you’re experienced home buyer, purchasing a new home can be an exciting and overwhelming experience. I’m here to walk you through every step from start to finish. After you find an experienced real estate agent you can start the process:
- Consultation Establishing Buyer Requirements
- Start Instant Notifications to find your perfect home
- Select and View Homes
- Start Mortgage Pre-Approval Process
- Once you have found that home: research Property and Value
- Write Offer and Disclosures and you will sign
- Negotiate Offer with Sellers to get best price and terms possible
- Sellers sign offer and Contract delivered to all parties
- You will send your first deposit to your Attorney as offer is accepted
- Attorney Review period
- You will submit 2nd Deposit to Attorney after Attorney Review
- Due Diligence period – Inspections
- Mortgage Application (credit reports, appraisal) (at same time as inspections)
- Attorney will negotiate Home Inspection issues with Sellers’ Attorney
- Mortgage goes into Under Writing
- Title Search by your Attorney
- Mortgage Acceptance and Home Inspections issued settled
- Change Utilities into your Name for closing date and let the Post Office have a change of address
- Final Walk-Thru and Certified Check for Closing Monies
- Closing and Keys!
Congratulations! You did it! That beautiful home is finally yours. Now all you have to do is move in and make it your own.
Thinking of Buying a New Home?
The home buying process can be daunting but it can be a lot less intimidating with an experienced agent by your side. If you’re thinking of purchasing a new home in the Westfield area, I’d love to help! Contact me for a quick, smooth, and profitable transaction. Find your perfect home, sign up for email notifications, and calculate your mortgage on my site.